Friday, July 18, 2008

An Extra Touch of Irony

Two things have happened concerning recent posts.  

1) The very first friend I made the very first day of first grade (most kids had gone to this school for kindergarten, and although I was registered to, I did not) got in touch with me.  I was excited about first grade, but I was also quite scared.  On that first day, my new friend offered me her chocolate milk. Now really, is there anything better than being offered chocolate milk the first day?  She and I became quick friends, and we were excited to learn we lived a mere two blocks away from each other.  We remained close for several years, but we eventually drifted apart.  I do not think I have seen her since my wedding.  Hopefully we'll be able to meet up again soon.  Talk about timing though!

2) The bitch spoke this morning.  I was tucked away in bed sleeping rather soundly.  Before she could even telling me where the fault in the system was, I had jumped out of bed.  Thankfully Linus had snuck into our room during the night. Since she was in our room, I was able to lock my bedroom door and head for the phone.  Linus was still asleep, so I chose not to wake her up. She told me that the basement door had been opened.  Thankfully I can key-lock the basement off from the rest of the house.  One thing I noticed on the way to the phone was how bright it was outside. I must have really overslept, because judging by the light, it had to be at least nine.  On my nightstand with the phone, there is a clock.  The clock clearly said it was much earlier than 9:00. Before grabbing the phone to call the police and rat out the intruder, I glanced at the dog's bed. She as gone.  Dang it!  At this point I was pretty awake and realized she spoke because Army let the dog out.   Have I mentioned lately that she drives me nuts?

3 comments:

katy said...

Good luck with the bitch, seems like she is one electronic device that needs to be put in her place. One day Army and Linus will get used to turning her off before they open doors.

Debbie said...

I'm still best friends with a girl I met in 6th grade. We sort of parted company while I was in the Air Force but when I came back here we picked right up again. She's the one I go camping with...they have a camper at the lake too.

As far as the bitch...shoot her!

joanne said...

I agree...it's time to shoot the bitch! So glad you heard from your friend. Is there anything better than hearing from an old friend? :)