Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some Extra Irony

This has not been the best day.  I can sum it up with the first event of the day: we had an electrician come out to help us with some unknown wires. Less than five minutes after he showed up, the power company shut off power to the whole street.  Lovely.  I'd ask what the chances are, but knowing this is my life, they are pretty dang great.

-----

I know some of y'all have been following the story of my dad's incident.  He had to be rushed to the ER this morning.  My sister is very worried, which worries me.  I think he'll pull through this time, but I'm worried that he doesn't have enough fight left in him for the long haul.  Poor guy, each time he gets ill, he loses a little of what he's worked so hard to get back.  Any prayers and good thoughts would be tremendously appreciated!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Lanny, of course I'll keep your Dad in my prayers and hope that he'll come through fine ((HUGS))

Overflowing Brain said...

Lanny, I think I can speak for all of your readers when I say that we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Fight on.

Alice said...

Extra prayers for you dad. And his worried daughter. Keep us posted.

joanne said...

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for your dad. And a few extra for you...I know the worrying is tough. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Lizzy said...

Lots of good thoughts headed your way (and your dad's way!)