Monday, July 21, 2008

An Extra Long Tongue

Linus has always had a Gene Simmons-ish tongue.  My poor little girl has a horrible habit of sticking out her tongue when she's thinking. The deeper in thought she is, the more it sticks out.  We have a very inconspicuous way of reminding her to put her tongue back in without others noticing.  If she's really deep in thought though,  it just slips right back out.  

I don't really have a particularly long tongue.  It's definitely not Gene Simmons-ish at all.

So why is it that I can touch my nose with my tongue and Linus can't. Army can't either.  Is it a genetic thing like the ability to roll your tongue?

And now that you know waaaayyyy more about me and my family than you ever wanted to, tell me something about you...can you touch your nose with your tongue?

8 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I can't touch my nose with my tongue. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol Check out my blog, I tagged you!

Overflowing Brain said...

Nope. Slappy can. I can if I tip my nose down a litt.e

I have the crazy longest fingers ever. My hands are bigger than Slappy's and my dad's. My mom thought I should've been a concert pianist.

I think I should be a professional guitar hero-ine.

Overflowing Brain said...

that word is little. The cat stepped on the keyboard and did that.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Nope...but I can curl mine up which BISMOW can't do.

I have the shortest pudgiest little fingers ever. My feet are also very short and pudgy. The rest of me is medium height and not pudgy. Basically I have little toddler hands and feet.

Debbie said...

Well I used to be able to! Another thing I'll blame on menopause LOL!

I can't touch my toes either..please see above reason!

Doreen said...

I can! But then I have a pretty big nose. :p Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

Leeann said...

I can't but my middle child can! I don't say anything but I think he might make someone very happy one day!!

TMI! LOL!!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I can touch my nose but not curl my tongue. Funny, this issue came up just today! See this article suggesting the tongue curling is NOT genetic... http://tinyurl.com/ybj4ej