Sunday, July 6, 2008

Extra Wordy

We ran a ton of errands today.  Unfortunately, one of those errands was to get the tire fixed on my car because of a stupid BOLT in the Home Depot parking lot. Linus did incredibly well throughout all our errands. I did what I could to keep her occupied (had I known we'd have to get the tire fixed, I'd have had more with me). At one point she was coloring.  She asked Army, "And what do you suppose this is?"  The group of people near us made a big deal of her word choice.  They asked how old she is, and upon learning she's five, they made an even bigger deal.  In true Linus form, she said, "Oh, that's not a big word, you should hear the really big words I know."  I cringed when they asked what bigger words she knows; I was terrified she'd say this word. Thankfully she didn't. Instead she said, "Actually it depends on what you consider big."  Then everyone giggled, and Linus changed the conversation to the shape of the clouds outside.

2 comments:

katy said...

I hate having to buy new tires or getting the ones I have fixed. With 5 cars on the road and one getting ready to go we buy a lot of tires. (thats not counting the boat trailers, horse trailer, 4 wheeler, lawnmowers, and regular old trailers SH uses to haul things on.

Anonymous said...

Let me just say I see your future and it's pretty funny. For example, say you're oh, I don't know, reading her thesis 18 years from now. Oh, yeah, you're gonna get some interesting comments from your daughter.