Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Extra Yummy!

Two yummy summertime drinks:

I served Amaretto Slush to a group of friends years ago.  My sis shared the recipe with me, and she said it was always a hit. She wasn't kidding.  My friends drank and drank and drank.  Nobody felt the effects of the drink until the next morning when, um, getting up for work was a bit more difficult than anyone imagined.  BUT they ALL ask for this every single time we get together, so it's worth it! 

Amaretto Slush
6 oz frozen oj
12 oz frozen lemonade
3/4 c lemon juice
1 1/2 c amaretto
40 oz Sprite
Mix and freeze.  *I freeze in gallon sized ziplock bags on a cookie sheet. It freezes much faster this way.

Bourbon Slush
1 c sugar
1 c brewed iced tea
2 c bourbon
6 c water
6 oz frozen oj
6 oz frozen lemonade
Mix and freeze.  

And my all time favorite punch:

Coffee Punch
2 qt strong brewed coffee, chilled (double the coffee or 1/2 the water)
2/3 c sugar
2 qt vanilla ice cream
Prepare the strong-brewed coffee. While the coffee is still hot, add the sugar and mix.  Chill coffee.  Before serving, add the ice cream to punch bowl. Serves about 30 punch cups.
*If you don't mind spiked punch, it's really yummy if you add 1/2 pint rum. 

Enjoy!


6 comments:

Lizzy said...

OMG, the amaretto slush sounds fabulous! I'm so going to have to try that, and soon. Bummer I have to work this weekend.

Jeannie said...

It has been a very long time since I have had an 'adult beverage' but this was always a good one:

Run, Skip and Go Nakeds:
1 Can of frozen lemonade- put in blender
Fill now empty can with vodka-add to blender
Slowly, carefully add one beer.
Blend a bit more.

I am not a fan of beer, you really can't taste it in this....

Yum...

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I vote that we all get together and share our drink recipes. These sound the summertime attitude adjustment I need!

Alice said...

Sounds delish...I may have to try these. If I can quit being lazy. :)

joanne said...

Amaretto slush sounds perfect on these hot days. I'm going to have to try me some of that ;) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

About that line: "*If you don't mind spiked punch," now who would be that crazy??

I better not ever let darling daughter see those recipes. The child who, just a year ago, would have a heart attack if anyone even went near her with alcohol has uh... changed since the whole dorming experience. (Yeah, just a tip you may want to keep in mind 15 years from now.)