Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Extra Sucker for Advertisers!

My child is the epitome of what an advertiser dreams of.  Linus doesn't get to watch too much tv, but what she does watch is usually Noggin or something similar.  I *thought* I put Noggin on today, but apparently I didn't.  As I was getting ready this morning she came in to my bathroom super excited.
"Mama, Mama!  Guess what? You can get a new car NEW CAR for 2008 TWO THOUSAND EIGHT dollars!  I don't have that kind of money, but it sounds like a great deal!"  She was a little off, the car was a 2008 model, not $2008.  She sounded just like a commercial though.

A few minutes later, she came in again and looked at herself in the mirror. 
"Mama, I've got red eyes. Dry. Red. Eyes. Don't worry though, it's nothing a few drops can't clear right up."

I think I'm going to have to keep the television off the whole months of November and December. Can you imagine what a sucker she'll be for all the holiday advertisements?  


3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hehehehe, you might want to keep it off in October, too.... I'm giggling thinking of her getting involved in the political commentary.

kim-d said...

DRY.RED.EYES., huh? BWAHAHAHAHA! Well, here is another thing Linus and I can do if we ever meet. I can introduce her to the wonderful world of infomercials and then we can try to stop each other from making that call! HA! "I don't have that kind of money, but it seems like a good deal." :)...I know she's already plotting how to GET that kind of money! LOVE that kid!

Jeannie said...

Maggie is the same way with commerccials...She could give theat Kaoom guy a run for his money...