Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An Extra Insult or Two

Courtesy of Linus:
 
Mama, why does your tummy look like Jello?

and

Me: Linus, you're supposed to be following me to the kitchen.
Linus: I am, but I have to stay faaarrrrrrr back. Trust me though, I'm right behind you.

and

Mama, why are your calves so hard?
'Cause I exercise, and do a lot with legs.
(said very innocently) Have you ever thought about exercising your tummy?
I do Linus. I do tons of crunches.
Maybe you should try something else. But it's ok Mama. There's a good side to it. I like your squishy tummy. I'd rather put my head on your squishy tummy than a hard one like your legs.

Thanks Linus! I love you too!



7 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love kid remarks!

Unfortunately, mine's now 20, so most of what he says is snarky.

Ya gotta wait for the Kohl's sales. Yesterday they had stuff from 60-90% off, depending on the rack. That's when, if you're lucky. you can get great stuff way cheap. After several days it was pretty picked over, but my pal got some great tops for $3.50 each. I actually told her to take one off and give it to me, LOL. She declined, however.

joanne said...

Yeah, I agree with Lizzy...it's cute now, but wait about 10 years!

katy said...

My niece once climbed on my lap, layed her head on my tummy and said " I love your big fat tummy, it's just like a pillow."

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

That's one thing about the little ones, they are way too honest sometimes. The upside it that it's better than when they get a bit older and have an attitude ;)

Anonymous said...

Dang honest kids!

Alice said...

Out of the mouthes of babes....:)

Leia H said...

Such an adorable way to give someone an insult ;)