Monday, July 28, 2008

Extra Lazy

I know I said I'd post the recipes to some of my favorite summer drinks, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I wish I had a good reason, but truth be told, I'm just too lazy to go to the kitchen to double check my recipes.  Nothing like the truth, huh?


I enjoyed listening to Linus sing this afternoon. She didn't realize she had an audience, so I got a good long stretch of listening to her.  As she came down the stairs, she realized I'd been listening.  I complimented her singing, and she said, "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm having a concert tonight. Would you like to come?"  I told her I'd love to come.  "Good! The tickets are $370."  Stunned, I said, "Three hundred seventy dollars? That's a lot of money Linus."  She was appalled at the nerve I must have had questioning the price.  "Moooommmmmm, I gave you a discount!"   

Hey, if she can get $370 for a ticket, discounted or not, I'm pretty sure she'll be able to support herself and pay for college!


If you have a minute, stop by Daisy's and wish her luck. Wait. Do you say good luck for something like this, or is it bad luck? We say break a leg to performers, should I say break a pencil? ;) Or maybe not since she's pretty worried about that.  I guess I should go with good luck after all.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Wow. Look at you getting the good discounts. :)

Leia H said...

Geez, Delphina only charges $3 for tickets....can she go into business with your kid?

katy said...

If she keeps that up she can help you retire early (-;

joanne said...

awwwwww, that put a smile on my face. Thanks! And thanks for the "linky" help, now that I know how to do it I feel kinda... duh ;)

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Breaking a pencil would be awful...but good luck is perfectly acceptable :-)

Thanks so much! It really means a lot!

Jeannie said...

Awesome!