Monday, July 14, 2008

Extra Inquisitive

Do you think you'd enjoy having lunch with Linus?  For anyone who dared to answer yes, let me ask you again after I tell a little story.

We had lunch today with a friend of ours who is very obviously pregnant.  Linus knows she has a baby growing in her tummy.  Linus adores this friend, and conversation comes easily for the two of them.  About half way through lunch, Linus looked at this friend and asked, "So, Ms J, how exactly is that baby going to come out?"   

I choked.  I could barely catch my breath, and when I looked over, our friend was bright red.  

So, let me ask again. Would any of you like to have lunch with Linus?   :D

8 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

LOL!!!! Been there and done that. Turn it around and ask them where they think the baby will come out and if it's not too wild of an answer, tell them they are very smart. If you get a really off-the-wall answer, just tell them there's a special place on the mommy's body that is private where the baby will come out.

Jeannie said...

She sounds like a very smart cookie!

My girls have only asked the very basic questions, and were satisified with the doctor helped to get them and Nate out with an operation (csection)

Thanks for your comments on my blog! My dad is funny. He used to refuse to open presents if he couldn't guess what they were (pack of socks, circus peanut candy. If he didn't know what it was he wouldn't open it....for days...drove me crazy!)

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Too funny! I'd have lunch with her :-)

kim-d said...

Oh yeah, I would definitely have lunch with her. Breakfast, dinner and snacks, too.

The big question is, would you want HER to have lunch with ME? BWAHAHAHA. Hard telling WHAT questions I would teach her to ask :)!

Lizzy said...

LOL!

I love kids... the way their minds work. Your daughter is obviously a smart cookie, and I suspect she'll keep you on your toes for many years. Lucky you!

katy said...

In a few years that will be a great way to scare her into abstinence until she is old enough to google the truth! LOL!
I had c-sections so they were easy to explain.

joanne said...

so, ummmm...how is that baby going to get out?

Leia H said...

My she'd get along so well with Dee! They could ask each other questions - because one of them is bound to know the answer it seems!