Thursday, July 31, 2008

Extra Great

Right now I'm sitting on my back patio watching my best friend's son and my daughter have the time of their lives.  They've known each other since birth (literally, they're 3 weeks apart), and although it doesn't feel like we see each other nearly enough, they seamlessly mesh into best friends themselves.  In the past, my friend and I have always been a close part of their play. Now they've grown enough to enjoy truly playing with each other without any intervention.  While we thoroughly enjoyed being a part of their play, it's rather nice to be able to sit and chat too.  

I used to think there was nothing better than spending time with a best friend. Now I know watching your children play while you enjoy time chatting is much better.  I feel so incredibly blessed today. 

8 comments:

Alice said...

Awwwww...that is sweet.

kim-d said...

That is so incredibly sweet, and I'm so happy you're having those good times. Okay, maybe just a leeeetle jealous that I'm not there chatting with you and your friend and watching the two cute kids play! Instead, I'm sitting at home going through my second teenager-hood doing homework...what is wrong with me anyway? HA!

katy said...

My friend and I had our older kids 8 weeks apart and the younger ones 12 weeks apart. Enjoy it now because when they get older and everyone gets so busy those relationships are hard to keep up with. I haven't seen my friend for probably 6 months.

kim-d said...

Just wanted to say "hi" to you and let you know I miss you so much! I'm glad I see your comments around the blogosphere...

Love ya, Lanny! And tell Little Miss Linus hi and give her a hug from Candy-Sound-Kim :)!

Leia H said...

My parents had friends like that, and he and I were the best of friends until I went and got married. :) I hope my girls have some friends like that someday! :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Your post is a real day brighter. Glad you were able to spend time with your friend and enjoy watching your children play together. Special times....

Alice said...

How long you plannin' on sittin' on that backporch? ;)

Hope y'all had a great weekend.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Hope all is well over there!!