Monday, August 4, 2008

Extra Tired!

You know that saying about house guests and fish? Well, for me most of the time it's true.  I'm usually happy to have my house back after having guests for a few days.  Heck, sometimes I'm ready for them to go after only a day.  Today I'm a bit sad though.  My friend left this afternoon. She arrived on Wednesday, and you'd think by today I'd be ready for the visit to end. She's one of those friends though that you are sad to see go.  Poor Linus misses her and her son terribly.  So do I.

I am tired though.  We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning most nights, and our kiddos got up between 7 and 8 most days.  Linus and my friend's son played hard. all. day. long.  I'm still amazed at how little they argued.  They truly are great friends, and that absolutely warms my heart.   I hope they are able to maintain a true friendship for years.  

I hope you all have a friend like that in your lives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I never heard that fish expression until my sister in-law was staying here after her husband died. We had gone to the nursing home to see my MIL and MIL asked her daughter if she was still staying with us. Mel said yes & MIL threw out that line. I thought it was hysterical, especially since I couldn't wait for her to go home. It was the longest 10 days in my life.

kim-d said...

As a matter of fact, I would like you to be that someone. :)

I keep tellin' ya that someday I am going to arrive on your doorstep. It makes me a little sad that I don't have anyone to bring along for Linus, but I was sorta thinking that the two of you plus me could be The Three Musketeers? I think we would have FUN, long after the three days had passed. :)

I am so glad you had such a nice time with your friend (and Linus with hers); we all need that, I think.

All's I'm sayin' is this...if it's ever me who is your houseguest, I'm blowin' all the rest right out of the water!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Miss you...

joanne said...

I'm coming with Kim ;)

Jeannie said...

I don't know the phrase....

I do know that when my sister and her then husband stayed with us for a week in our apartment it was about 6 days too long!! Never again.....

Alice said...

Aren't they such blessings?