Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Extra Excited!

Linus has been in school five whole (er, half--she only goes to school 1/2 days) day, and we've had some MAJOR accomplishments in that time:

*NO timeouts 
*NO name on the board (both of these are big for my spirited child, especially with her non-thinking-outside-the-box-teacher)

*She can read/spell/write the following words:
      yes
     no
      go
     red
      yellow

*She has eaten all or most of her lunch every single day. This is another big one. 

*She wrote a "book" about what she likes. She even put a period at the end of her sentence.  

Go Linus! I'm so proud of you! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both my kids used to get in trouble for talking. How Frank & I ended up with talkative, outgoing kids is a mystery.

Jeannie said...

Yay for Linus!! I am so worried that my two chatty cathy's will get in trouble for talking all the time....

They will have 1/2 day, also, so they can ease into rules......

Alice said...

Yay! Although I love stories about when spirited kids get in trouble. I know I shouldn't. But I do.

Glad she's off to a great start!

katy said...

My kids both did great in kindergarten but my son was a little clingy to his teacher for awhile. He was lucky enough to have a wonderful teacher who understood that some kids need someone to cling to. The first time he went to lunch without her she gave him a certificate that said he was a brave boy. He is 20 now, I need to drag that certificate out.

Leia H said...

Way to go sweetie!

joanne said...

Yay...great job Linus. Every time I read something about her I just want to go awwwww ;)

kim-d said...

LINUS, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! FROM NOW ON, THE WORLD WILL JUST KEEP OPENING UP FOR YOU, AND IT IS GOING TO LOVE YOU. NOT AS MUCH AS AUNTIE KIM LOVES YOU, BUT STILL A LOT :)!

Lanny, I already know the uptight teacher is gonna love Miss Genius; you just watch...it's the teacher who's gonna learn some stuff, too. I am so excited for Linus; she must be so happy and lovin' it. Although I'm the same as Alice; I hope she pulls a shenanigan or two! Nothing too bad, just something a little fun--but there is plenty of time for that. First she's gotta get the teacher so in love with her that she won't get into trouble when she does decide to misbehave...hehehe!!!

I'm so glad school is agreeing with her...

Lizzy said...

That's awesome! You must be so proud.

And no, I didn't know the fact you shared with me. Very cool!