Monday, August 11, 2008

Extra Tired!

I'm tired. Very tired.  I've had a million and one things to do, and every time I scratch something off my to do list, something else creeps on.  

Linus has meet the teacher day at school tomorrow. I can't believe my baby will be in kindergarten.  Really, how did that happen?  She's so incredibly excited.  She asked what her teacher's name is today.  When I told her, she said, "I just really don't like that name.  Do you think she'd let me call her Frankie?"  Frankie???  Where did she get that?  

And now on to a little rant...
I don't care who you (general you, not y-o-u you) are voting for.  I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions.  I don't care to hear the rumors about either candidate.  And most of all, I don't give a flippin' hoot who each celebrity is supporting.  Really? Is that supposed to make me like a candidate more?  What makes them more capable of forming an opinion than I am?  I read an article today that discussed how much pull certain celebrities have over potential votes for candidates.  I find that sad and sickening.  Are these people really that uninformed?  Can they not figure it out on their own?  Yesterday I listened to a friend go on an on about the poor qualities of one candidate.  All I heard was wah-wah-wah-wah.  She was blabbering on about the candidate I am not planning to vote for, and I STILL didn't want to hear it.  UGH!  

Ok, rant over.

5 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I still cry on the first day of school and mine are going into 8th and 9th grades ~sniff~.

I'm with you on the election... other people's opinions wear me out and don't sway me one way or the other.

Jeannie said...

How funny that she wants to call the teacher Frankie....

It seems as though the campaigning has gone on for-ev-er.....I just want it over with. And, no, celebrity endorsements don't mean a whole lot in my book....

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister! And not only do I not give a rat's ass about what celebrity is supporting what candidate, I also don't much care who the newspapers endorse, who the unions endorse, etc.

katy said...

I agree 100%....it is crazy to think that we will look at adds about Paris Hilton or some other crazy person and decide who to vote for. I have a Aunt who is crazy about one candidate and has started making phone calls for his campaign. I already told her I would hang up on her just as fast as I would hang up on anyone else.

Bayou Belle said...

sounds like my hubby. he is hot to trot this election and I am tired of hearing him rant.

I did post a political challenge on my blog if anyone is interested.

I am actually curious to hear people's opinions without all the mudslinging.