Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Extra Bad Night!

We had a bad night last night. In the middle of the night, Army and I were startled with the sound of breaking glass. That's never something you want to hear, especially in the middle of the night. Our alarm never sounded*, so it was confusing. Army went window to window checking, but none were broken. We searched and searched. Nothing. Finally I noticed broken glass in Linus' bathroom. A light bulb exploded. It completely shattered.



Linus slept the remainder of the night in my bed, and Army slept on the sofa. Linus doesn't just sleep near you, she sleeps on top of you. Literally. She drapes her body over yours. It's not exactly comfortable. I finally fell asleep, and was jolted awake when WonderDog got into an awful fight. I'm not sure if she won or lost because she was dreaming. She started with whimpering, then it became a deep guttural growl. I don't think my dog has ever growled in her life.



Shortly after that the thunder started. Ugh! I'm tired today!



*Funny side story: Our alarm talks. This annoying female voice tells you where the fault is in the system. She's in our bedroom, and she's loud. If you open the garage door, it beeps, then she says, "Fault! Garage door." Shortly after we moved in, I slept in while Army was getting ready for work. He had to go to the garage for something, so she spoke. Then he walked out the front door for something, so she spoke again. Next he let the dog out and she spoke. Then he let the dog in and she spoke yet again. I have NO memory of this, but Army swears that at this point, I sat up in bed and yelled, "SHUT UP BITCH!" rolled over and went back to sleep. It's totally unlike me to say "shut up" so I doubt it happened.

PS--Spell Check is BACK baby! YIPPEE!!!!!

5 comments:

kim-d said...

Okay, the funny side story??? BWAHAHAHA! I truly have never known you to say "shut up." HAHA!

I just wanted to drop by and say have a great weekend, and I'll talk to ya Sunday night!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Yay for spell check!!

Bayou Belle said...

I bet you never say Bitch either right?

Leeann said...

ROFL! I just gave an enormous snort of laughter, which woke up Rob. That is a funny story!

Leeann

Leia H said...

Oh my goodness I was nervous reading that! Glad it was just a light bulb. I love your alarm story....made me giggle! :)