Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Extra Mess

My parents sent Linus a Valentine's card with some candy. Have I mentioned I really love my parents? It's a good thing I do because the card could have changed all that. As most children's cards do, it was covered with glitter. And I mean covered. The minute Linus saw it, she jumped up and down and said, "It's got sparklies on it! I love sparklies." As she said that, she began to fan the card throughout the air which began the glitter shower. And if that wasn't enough, she then began scratching off the glitter. So now my floor is covered in glitter. Yippee. The joys of cleaning glitter up are never ending.

Tonight we addressed her "Balentine" cards. Linus quickly wrote her name on the cards for her friends, then we began writing their names on them. According to Linus, all other names are now boring, stupid, and yucky. Poor child has lots of children in her class with long names, so as I'd spell out W-i-l-l-i-a-m or M-a-t-t-h-e-w or E-l-i-z-a-b-e-t-h for her, she'd balk, "Why can't they just all be Linus? That's an easy name." As I'd remind her to write small sized letters, she'd say, "Why? They have big names?" She truly wasn't being rude, she was just exhausted writing name after name. After all, she had to write eight whole names for her classmates, and two whole names for her teacher.

2 comments:

kim-d said...

Well, I am with her on the long-name issue. Eight + two teachers is A LOT for those teeny-tiny hands (which were probably all cramped up by the time she was through). I say she should have given them nicknames. William, Matthew and Elizabeth? Make that Bill, Matt and Liz. VOILA. Auntie Kim needs to come there and save the girl's hands :)!!!! I'm ALWAYS angling for the easiest way to get from Point A to Point B--and what I couldn't teach her, I believe SHE could teach ME...undoubtedly!

And at least your parents refrained from putting those irritating confetti things inside the glittery sparkly card!!!! Whoever thought up that confetti stuff was sadistic. It's pretty, but it's a pain!

Happy Happy Valentine's Day Lanny, Linus and Army--LOVE you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

They SHOULD all be Linus!! What a world it'd be :)