Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Extra Trouble Being Quiet

We ran an errand tonight. We knew better than to try because Linus was tired and hungry, but we attempted anyway. As we walked out the door, she grabbed a Toys-R-Us catalog, so we thought she'd be happy thumbing through it. And she really would have if she hadn't dropped it.

Linus: UUUUGGGHHHH!

Army: What was that about?

Linus: I'm angry!

Army: Why?

Linus: I dropped my book. And. That. Makes. Me. Angry!

Army: Did you drop it near your side or near my side?

Linus: Mine. And I'm anrgy! Can you turn off the radio? I'm angry!

Army: How 'bout I turn it down?

Me: How 'bout we play the quiet game?

Linus: I can't do that. That's too hard. I just can't win that game. I don't want to play that. I can't be quiet that long. That's not fair. I just can't play. It's too hard. waaahhhhh.

Well, at least she's honest...

5 comments:

kim-d said...

Well, I do not believe it! I think this is the first time in all the time I've known you guys that Linus has acted the way one would expect children her age to act. Thank God! BWAHAHAHAHA! Sometimes a little anger can be real good for what ails you! :)

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

You & Linus made my last post...so I hope its ok!!

Anonymous said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with your post (well maybe sorta) but writing down the things Linus says - not only is it a great idea, it's something I still kick myself for not doing, even 20 years later. I wrote down a couple of things but then got too busy raising 2 kids. If I could turn back time... Oh, I feel like Cher now!

Bayou Belle said...

No honey, you live in my house!

You know what i mean.;-)

Anonymous said...

A game she can't win! How cute. Maybe you should let her "win" it every now and then!