Monday, February 18, 2008

BEGGING for Extra Help!

Have I ever mentioned I HATE my computer? I'm a laptop girl. I can't function without one. I had a Dell for years, but it finally got so slow that I was pulling my hair out waiting for it to turn on. Army got tired of listening to me complain, so he took me to get a new one. We researched and researched and finally got one. It's a lemon. It's spent half its lifetime in the mail between us and the factory. Today the screen quit working. Army is ready to trash it and just get a new one. We're tired of the back and forth with the company.

SO, anybody have a Mac? We're seriously considering making the move. I don't abuse my computer too badly, but I do have a small child in the house, so it can't be super sensitive.

If you don't have a Mac, but LOVE your computer (especially laptops), what do you have?

Help me, please!!!! You'll be my best friend forever! :)
Speaking of help, when is that damn spell check going to work again? I'm lost without it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my Mac and it never gives me any problems. I wouldn't get anything else. You'll be amazed at how easy they are.

Anonymous said...

I don't know nuthin 'bout Mac's but far as the spell check thing goes, you people need to quit using Internet Explorer and get Mozilla Firefox. It has a spell check. I can't live without it.

Anonymous said...

Is that Anonymous from Texas?

kim-d said...

Mine is a Toshiba laptop, and I really like it, although I have only had it for 2-1/2 years. I've never had any problem with it, and anything that happens to it, I can usually figure out. Which is enough to make me love it because you already know how computer illiterate I am.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

I have a Sony laptop and its trucking along into year two with no problems (thus far, knock on wood). I really like it- great screen. However, the new Mac air laptops are going to be amazing and the Apple store is going to have me permanently removed for drooling on them. One of the biggest laptop killers is overheating/fan problems and the new Mac air is a flash drive not a hard drive- eliminating all the heat & sound problems :-)

katy said...

I used to have a mac and loved it but back then there were so many things that were not compatable with it.
I don't no nuttin about know spel chek!
I give up, people will just have to realize how stupid I am.

Overflowing Brain said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE my macbook. Love it. Had an iBook before that, and it also was awesome. Had a Dell before that- it crashed no less than 6 times. I do not use PCs any longer.

You MUST buy the AppleCare though. It's a crazy good warranty and you'll regret not getting it if anything does happen.

Do it. You know you want to.

Lanny said...

Thanks!!! I appreciate all the input.

Leia H said...

We also have a Mac, simply because DH is a graphic designer, and that's what they primarily use. I didn't like it when we first got married, because Macs can't use all the software that PCs can use - like games and such ;) I love it now though!

Leeann said...

We have two computers in our house. Mine is a Dell Laptop. It will be two years old in April and it has been perfect. Not one problem. But, I don't let anyone else touch it or breathe on it except me. The household computer is an iMac. We gave it to the kids for Christmas. Macs are more immune to viruses and such so it seemed like a good choice for the kids. It is an amazingly beautiful machine.

Leeann