Saturday, February 23, 2008

Extra Lost!

I've been lost for the past (almost) 48 hours! When I turned on my old Dell yesterday, I didn't have any internet connection. We had horrible storms the night before, and if we lose power, I lose my wireless connection, so I wasn't really surprised. I went upstairs to reset the connection, and was shocked to find we had no power upstairs.

When Army came home, we ran out and got a new circuit breaker to see if that would fix the problem since simply flipping it didn't work. It didn't work. I called an electrician today to come find and fix the problem. He was late, but that's not all that unusual. I finally heard a knock on the front door, and when I went to answer it, I was greeted by the electrician who asked if I hadn't heard the doorbell. This is one of those times I need my dog to bark, but as usual, she didn't. So, now we know the doorbell is out too. Fabulous. Anyway, he eventually found the problem (and he was wonderful with Linus who wanted to know everything he was doing. Poor man!) and I now have internet access again. Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how lost I was without it!

I'll be back later tonight, but for now I'll leave you with a Linus story:
Yesterday evening we had company on the way. I gave Linus a quick bath and got her out to dry her off. She looked down at her tummy and said, "Oh, I'm full! Look at my belly. I'm reeeaaalllllllllyy full." Then she looked at me and said, "I don't think I must have eaten as much as you did." Thanks kid! Just want Mommy wanted to hear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Darn kids and their honesty!

kim-d said...

Hey you! I have missed you! I'm trying to get caught up which, hopefully, will happen tomorrow!!! Talk to ya then...

Leia H said...

LOL - I love kids....Delphina keeps asking me when my belly is going to me small again (a year after having her sister)...I tell her to shush. ;)

katy said...

Kids do say the darndest things. Think of how boring it would be without them around though. Glad you got your electic/internet thing fixed.