Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Extra Confident

It seems as though Linus might be extra confident. I'm all about children (and adults) believing in themselves, but I think I'd like Linus to tone it down just a wee bit. In all fairness to her, she is used to hearing such things from both Army and me, other family members, and people in the general public when we go out, but still!!! And the older ladies at church go nuts when she wears this particular outfit...

When we got home today from running errands, Linus immediately asked to change to her pajamas. She knows better, but she dropped her clothes where she was and didn't put them in the dirty clothes basket. As we were coming down the stairs later on, she said, "Look, my clothes! Can I wear that outfit tomorrow to school, Mommy? Can I? If I do, people will say, 'Oh, that's cute! Linus, you're beautiful! And you are stylin'!" I wasn't quite sure whether to laugh or cry!

I owe a meme that Daisy tagged me for. I'm working on it. It should have been easy, but for some odd reason, I'm making it hard! Ugh! It's coming...at some point.

3 comments:

Bayou Belle said...

He He! My girl wanted to put her new PJs back on after school today because she said (and I quote) "They keep me looking gorgeous!"

kim-d said...

Well, hey...if you're beautiful and stylin'...you just ARE!!!! HAHAHA! And you must remember, these are not the things she's saying about herself; these are the things that other people are saying to her. And, really, Lanny--what girl doesn't like compliments? I hate to say this, but it seems like the world will be beating her down fast enough, so I hope that as the years go on she will be able to continue to feel beautiful, stylin', sweet, gorgeous, kind, precious, and like the genius that she is!!! I love her. And you, too. :)

Leia H said...

It's so hard to figure out where to draw that line as a parent. I keep reminding DH not to tell her how smart she is, or compare her to others...but rather compliment her work and ask questions about it. It's really hard to do...and she will tell people she's really smart too ;)