Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Extra Talkative

First of all, thanks for the input on computers! Our main computer is a Dell, and all our computers are networked. Will a Mac be compatible? I'm assuming so, but I don't really want to ask Army and listen to him go on and on. I wish he'd just give me a yes or no, that's really all I care about. It's pretty much all I'm capable of comprehending also.
__________

Army and I had an appointment this afternoon. We picked Linus up from school and took her to the babysitter's house. Her house is near where we were going, but it's at least 25 minutes from where we currently live. As usual, Linus was quite talkative. I finally began timing how long she could be quiet. On the entire 25 minute trip, the longest she ever went without speaking was SIX SECONDS! WHAT am I going to do when she's a teenager? I'll be thrilled if she'll talk to me, but oh my goodness, can you imagine what it will be like if I need to make a phone call?

The girl definitely has the gift of gab!

4 comments:

Leia H said...

Dee's nickname is 'Nana' because she gabs like her grandmother frequently...we're all doomed dear!

kim-d said...

HAHAHA! About ALL of it! I know what you mean about someone "building you a clock when you just asked for the time." Hehehe...just a yes or no, sir! Bearing in mind that I am a computer idiot, I don't think a Mac networks with PCs???? Aren't they completely different operating systems and such? Well, I will just keep my mouth shut because I don't know, but I think you should go to the Apple website, and go to the websites of the others you're thinking of. I've heard good things about Mac; I've heard they're easier than PCs, and more user-friendly. However, when I bought mine, I needed it to be the same as what I have at work because I didn't think I could keep two different kinds straight. And I think I was right in thinking that! HA!

As for teenager Linus? Three words for ya...SEPARATE PHONE LINE. In fact, for her, ya might wanna go with one of those huge, multi-line office-type phones because I have the feeling she is going to be one of the "popular girls." Who is also The Smartest, The Class Cut-Up, The Cutest, The Nicest, and The Most Likely to Succeed. She's already got a good start on all of them. I love that child. And I love you, too. Miss you, too, kiddo...we gotta talk soon! Where ya been? :)

Overflowing Brain said...

Yes, macs are compatible with almost everything these days. If you have a Windows Vista specific wireless router you'll have to use a different password (easy to find and use, by the way), but everything else should be straight across compatible.

The only things a Mac won't do (the Adobe Acrobat Mac stuff isn't 100% yet, though it's getting there, that's the only thing I don't always use my mac for), your Dell will and trust me, those will be few and far between. The Fiance and I both have Macs, though we have a PC tucked in a cupboard for the very rare occasion that we need to send our computers in. Everything from my Mac works on the PC and besides a few games, the opposite is also true.

Do it. do it. do it.

Bayou Belle said...

I tried making being quiet a game once and 2 second into it my girl said, "But being quiet is too boring."