Sunday, February 10, 2008

Army Is Extra Scared Tonight!

Poor Army! He heard the words no daddy ever wants to hear.

We were driving down the street, and from the back of the car comes, "Shhh, you have to be quiet. The hot luv-ah is about to errupt." As my eyes bulged out of my head, I turned to Army to see his reaction. He was nearly trembling.

I asked Linus what she just said. Surely there was no way I heard that correctly.

She said, "I said, 'The hot luv-ah is about to errupt."

Uh-oh. I've heard it twice now. Chances are I did hear it correctly. My brain went wild trying to figure out what she was talking about as poor Army tried his hardest to not give in to his convulsing fit.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted an explanation or not, but I figured I had to get to the bottom of it, so I asked Linus why it was about to errupt.

"So it can spit the hot luv-ah juice out."

*cough, cough*choke*gasp*

At this point, Army's fingers are turning super white as he grips the steering wheel harder and harder. My head is spinning as I gasp for air. I just know my four year old is not saying this. It just can't be. No way!

I asked Linus to tell me a little more about it.

"You know Mommy, it builds up and up and up and then it blows. The hot luv-ah juice come exploding out. Ssssppppsssshhhh!"

I mentally scan the television she watched today, but I'm rather certain that isn't discussed on Little Bear or Little Bill. Did I watch any tv today that she might have heard? No. Did I play a sound clip or video on the computer? No. Did I say something on the phone (not that I would)? No. I can't think of a single place she could have possibly heard something like that.

I asked her to tell me what it looked like. I cringed and braced myself for the answer.

"It looks like red hot luv-ah juice that sprays from the top of a volcano. You know that Mommy."

The conversation immediately went to "Linus, can you say lava?"


Don't forget: Drop down here if you want to enter the contest. It ends tonight.

4 comments:

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This, after I thought I was gonna pass my Fuze Tangerine Grapefruit through my nose! Poor Army, poor you. Frantically wondering where on earth she could have heard that.

Volcanoes--good. LAVA--YES!

Leia H said...

He he he! :) I still remember the first time Delphina learned to say 'truck'.... :)

Bayou Belle said...

I think I know where you daughter go the "Luv-ah". I was walking down my hall to my room and heard this line on the Backyardigans:

"Hurry! The volcano is about to erupt! The hot ash lava will gushing out!"

Except I thought they said, "How Ass Lover" and that is what got my attention!

Bayou Belle said...

I meant "Hot Ass Lover" not "How Ass Lover"