Saturday, February 9, 2008

An Extra MIL Story

Linus just announced that she has finally given her rocking horse a name beyond Horsie. Let's just say Linus calls one of her grandmothers Nanny. She's decided to name her horse Whore Nanny. Ok, so not exactly, it's more like hor-nanny, but I still found it funny! Of course since it's a really nice hand-made horse that the father of one of my friends made, that makes the name somewhat of an insult.

I can't believe I forgot to mention my little incident with my MIL last weekend. I'm allergic to a food. I even have to carry an EpiPen with me all the time. My MIL offered me the food I'm allergic to. I politely declined, but she kept insisting. We went back and forth many times with her insisting and me declining. In her mind, I should taste it because it tasted good, and one little bite couldn't hurt, right? Um, a bite of something that tastes good in exchange for a nice fun trip to the ER? No thanks. Not that she's trying to kill me or anything...

If you haven't shared your story yet, (and there's a LOT of you visiting who haven't shared) be sure to go down two posts and share! Misery loves company! And really, what's better than chocolate? Speaking of which...I'm doing well so far! How many days left?

2 comments:

Leia H said...

OMgoodness - people drive me crazy not thinking allergies are 'real'. My BIL doesn't think his 22 month old is 'really' allergic to milk and eggs. Hello? She swells up, gets hives, and has trouble breathing....but he still offers her chocolate bars! Drives me batter.

Your MIL is probably part of that older generation that haven't been exposed to new allergy research, and she probably thinks it's a bunch of hooey! ;)

kim-d said...

Why, that's just evil! She's obviously never seen someone have an allergic reaction to food...it is SCARY! Let's start now, plotting on how we're gonna retaliate--HAHA!