Monday, February 11, 2008

Extra Rude!

My dog is extra rude. Actualy, she's quite disgusting. She's a regular size golden retriever, but her hiney is huge. I think it's as wide as mine. I'm not kidding. Right now she's got her winter coat, so it looks even bigger. Hmmm, wonder if mine looks larger when I wear my winter coat? Good thing it's not that cold here!


WonderDog isn't really tremendously fond of dog food. She doesn't get human food at all though. You have to invite her to eat over and over. How she developed her ample hiney is beyond me. She loves to drink though. She manages to get water from one end of the laundry room to the other. She also gets it about three feet up the wall near her bowls.

After every single meal, she burps two, sometimes three, times. We're talking BIG, manly, rumbling burps. LOUD ones. We always insist she gets one of her burps out before she ever leaves the laundry room. She usually does her second monstrous burp on the way to the back door.

Tonight when I fed her, she ate some then stopped. I encouraged her to eat some more. She looked at me in the eye, let out a tremendous belch, and went back to eating. Before she finished, she began whining. I went ahead and took her outside. While she's pottying, she lets out this HUGE burp.

Then I heard, "Army?" from the other side of the fence.

"No ma'am. It's Lanny. Everything ok?" She's an older lady who lives alone, so I was worried about her.

"No." Giggles. "I, well, I just heard you outside, that's all."

"Oh, no ma'am. That was the dog. I promise. It really wasn't me. Really. Oh my goodness. Really. I promise it wasn't me."

Yeah, I'm sure she believes it was the stupid dog. She probably thinks I'm the rudest neighbor she's ever had! Keep in mind, my dog does NOT bark. Seriously, I could count on one hand the number of times she's barked in her life. UGH! Damn dog! Now I get blamed for a horrid burp!

4 comments:

kim-d said...

HAHAHAHAHA--you know darn good and well it was YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Just joking, Lanny! Seriously, though, I think you just might want to look into changing her food. The poor thing; something just doesn't sound right. And I'll bet the neighbor would agree!

Lanny said...

Kim, She's actually on sensitive stomach dog food. She's a lot better than she used to be. It was awful before!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Hahahahahaha.

Too funny. You made me giggle in class. Which is maybe why I shouldn't be online during class....

Bayou Belle said...

See. more in common with you and I. I too have a golden retriever! And she FARTS OUT LOUD! Sounds like a human and smells like a sewer!