Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Extra Bad Luck

I'm becoming convinced that my house does not want to be sold. Let's review what's happened since we decided to put it on the market:

*Light bulb explosion
*New laptop broke
*Old laptop broke
*Linus pulled towel rod out of wall
*Lost electricity to entire upstairs

So, what do you think?


Linus has been tossing funny things our way a lot lately, but some of her stories will have to wait. I'll leave you with one for now though. The other day I couldn't get something to work. Linus came over to me, put her arm around my shoulder, and said, "Where there's a will, there's a way." I asked her what that meant thinking there was no way she understood the saying. She said, "Mommy, it means if you want something badly enough, you'll find the way to get it or to make it happen." I was impressed for at least a second until she said, "And I really want a snack." Being the fabulous mom that I am (haha), I turned to her and said, "Where there's a will, there's a way." I thought I had her on that one, but by now I should know better. She gave me a sly grin and said, "My will is I'm hungry, but I'm not allowed to cook. YOU are my way Mommy since you can. So, how 'bout that snack?" Why do I even try? I don't think I'll ever win!

Since my Dell laptop is now shot too (it was five years old, so I'm not too surprised), it's getting harder and harder for me to get on here. I've got a really good give away for March though, so even if I miss a day or two here and there, make sure you check back the first and second days of March!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Linus!!

kim-d said...

Lanny, Lanny, Lanny...I love ya so much, but how many times do I have to tell you that you just should never even try to have the last word with Linus. It just...well, it just won't work! BWAHAHAHA!

And as for that house of yours? MINUTE, girl, that's some sorta bad luck ya got there!!! :)

katy said...

I think your house loves linus like you do and does not want her to leave.

Anonymous said...

Well I'll tell ya this - it is completely my fault if you have a hard time selling your house. The housing market was doing fine until we put ours on the market a year & a half ago. Then, weeks after we decide to sell, the housing market completely bottoms out. Coincidence? I think not.

I take full responsibility.

Leia H said...

You are in so much trouble when she hits age 10....

Maybe you are just extra aware of all this "bad luck" lately? Hope your house goes easy on you for a bit! ;)