Thursday, February 28, 2008

Extra Stressed Tonight

I'm stressing out tonight. My house always appears clean, and for the most part, clutter free. Now that we're getting it market ready, I'm realizing how much junk we really have. We've taken embarrassing amounts to be donated. We've probably thrown out an equally embarrassing amount. We do go bare minimum when we have a house on the market, but geez, this is ridiculous! And it's not even over yet.

To make matters worse, Army says I can't have a new laptop until we sell our current house because he doesn't want to pay a double mortgage and pay for a new laptop all at once. I'm LOST without my laptop. We close on the new house in a month. Cross your fingers, toes, hair, ANYTHING that we sell soon.

And even worse, I'm having to stress with NO chocolate at all. WHAT was I thinking? I even had to deal with a female monthly issues (my apologies to any male readers!) without chocolate. UGH!

I'd be lying if I said I'm doing it without any sweets at all. Pralines are my current best friend. I'm going to leave you with a sinfully easy and good recipe for pralines. It's actually my mom's recipe, but since she doesn't have my blog addy, she won't know that I'm taking credit! Best part: you make them in the microwave!

Lanny's Pralines
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
1 Tbsp rum extract
pecans

Mix sugars and milk in a glass microwavable pitcher. Microwave on high for 7-9 minutes (until soft ball stage). Stir in butter and rum extract. Add pecans. Drop by spoonful on aluminum foil. *It hardens pretty quickly, so you must move fast!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Oh my gosh--I can now have pralines in 7-9 minutes? Okay, I loved you before, but now? I cannot even begin to explain the awesome-ness that is you!

And I am right there with you on the purging of extraneous household junk. I'm STILL at it! I swear the stuff reproduces on its own, because I sure don't even remember most of it! When you have time, I sure would like to know which house you bought. The last we spoke of it you were still looking...you're holding out on me! I mean, I realize you're a little busy and have more to do than just sitting around e-mailing me, but I really wanna see your new house! And "talk" to you. So tell Army that he better hurry and come across with the laptop, or...
well, I don't know, but I'll think of something! :)

kim-d said...

Hey, how are ya doing today? I know you're busy, but will I EVER get to talk to you again? :)

kim-d said...

Hey Lanny, and Linus, and Army...What's shakin' there, girl? Just wanted to say Happy Sunday, I hope the stress has abated, and I still miss you!