Sunday, March 2, 2008

Extra Embarrassing

I don't think I'll ever take Linus out in public again.

We had to go to our realtor's office today to complete some paperwork for the house we are about to put on the market. Originally she was going to come to our house, but we changed plans and met there. Since Linus would be completely out of her element, I brought along her Leapster and a coloring book and crayons. That occupied her for a while, then she asked for some paper to draw on. I glanced at her sitting next to me, and she was happily drawing away. All of a sudden, with absolute glee, she announced loudly, "Look! I drew a toilet! And I'm sitting on it." As I worked quickly to push my bulging eyes back in my head and close my mouth, she announced, "Look at my toilet! Look at me on the toilet!"

I hushed her, and mentioned that we use the word potty instead of toilet. In true fashion, Linus told me, "Potty is a nice word. Toilet is not. You do dirty things in it, so you might as well call it by a dirty name."

I must admit, her potty drawing was rather impressive. There was no doubt what it was. Naturally if she had drawn a beautiful swan or something equally pleasant, you wouldn't be able to recognize it, but the potty? No doubt what it is.


I'll have the give away info up tomorrow. It's a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your opening line. You need to scan that pic to share!!!! Too funny!

Leia H said...

LMAO! Has she always been so witty? What a thinker! ;) I'd love to see that drawing too!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, if you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo of her artwork and upload it...

What with being old & all, I can't remember if Theresa ever drew a toilet at that age but I'm quite sure if she did, it would have been quite good. She majoring in education but minoring in art so I can just picture more Linus toilet drawings through the years.

And don't listen to any of my horror stories. There is not one single person I know of who had as hard a time as we did with the whole trying to sell the house thing. Clearly it just wasn't time for us to move. You guys will be fine.