Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An Extra Ounce of Defeat

Don't forget, contest two posts down. I'll pick a winner soon, I promise!

Linus struck again tonight. Remember the knock-knock joke from elementary? The one that goes: Knock-knock. Who's there? Boo. Boo who? Don't cry....? Well, Linus was telling horrible, er typical, five year old knock knock jokes tonight in the car. Then she asked her daddy to tell one. He made up an equally dumb one, and she laughed a huge ole belly laugh. Then the little stinker asked me to tell one, so I told the above knock knock joke, but here's how it went:

Me: Knock knock
Linus: Who's there?
Me: Boo
Linus: Boo what? (snicker)
Me: No Linus, that's not how it goes. Let's try again. Knock knock.
Linus: Who's there?
Me: Boo
Linus: Boo what?
Me: No Linus, you're supposed to say "Boo WHO?"
Linus: Don't cry Mommy, it's ok!

UGH!!! She totally set it up, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker! Army laughed so hard I though he'd run us off the road.

Still working on the house....

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Okay, even giving credit for my brain turning to snot and running out my right snotstril, I still shouldn't have had to read that three times before I got it! HAHAHA! The little stinker. You are SO in trouble! HAHAHAHA!

Bayou Belle said...

Here's how my those knock-knocks usually go with My Girl:

Knock, Knock
Who's There
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say Cinderella! (COMPLETE CACKLING OF LAUGHTER FOLLOWS FROM HER!)

Leeann said...

ROFL! Man, you better be freaking careful with that one. She is WWAAYY to smart for her own good! Great sense of humor, though!

Leeann