Tuesday, March 4, 2008

An Extra Fun Day

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINUS!!!

We had a fabulous day. I think five is special! I took Em to get her hair cut and her nails done. She was thrilled! When we got there, she told me, "I'm going to be a big girl and go by myself. You don't have to hold my hand this time." So off she went to get her hair washed. I was in the same room taking pictures, but I wasn't holding her hand. Then she got a good bit of hair chopped off. Sniff, sniff, my baby looks like a big girl! As usual she was obsessed with the mirror. I know, shocking! Ha! When we got her nails done, she told the manicurist, "I'd like sparklies, please. That's stylin'!" The lady got a kick out of that.

She chose the Piccadilly for dinner. She loves blue jello! After dinner, she asked her daddy if she could try her luck at the animal machine--you know, those annoying claw-grabber machines. She wasn't successful, so she asked Army to get her a specific one. Dang if the man didn't get it on his first try. Then the stupid claw wouldn't release it into the bucked, so we had to put more money in to get it out.

On the way home, we stopped at a bakery. She wanted a cupcake (cake will come when she has her party). Oh my goodness, icing everywhere! She didn't make that much mess when she was one!

Now she's tucked in bed. She looks so sweet and angelic. :)

4 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Please send her a very happy birthday wish!!

kim-d said...

Awww...blue bumpies!!! And that Army...what a guy!!! Tell him for me--getting a specific animal on the first try? THAT'S HOT!!! bwahahaha!!!! Man, Lanny...she's FIVE...I could just cry. Can't we keep her little? I suppose she wouldn't like that...

Leia H said...

Happy Birthday Darling! :) May your 6th year be full of wonderful surprises and joyful fun! :)

Leia H said...

Oh, and I think we'll need to see a photo of those nails!