Monday, March 17, 2008

Extra Congrats!

Congratulations Katy! You won the Sonicare toothbrush.

Since Army is in the medical field, I let him judge the contest. He laughed so hard when he read Katy's story. I had a similarly embarrassing event, so that little reminder sealed the deal. Perhaps I'll share my story tonight. We'll see.

Congrats Katy!

______

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry I whined so much! I'm going to share a visual with y'all since it's too gross to keep to myself. Yeah, I'm nice like that!

Since Army was sick, I loaded up Linus in the car and we drove through a local restaurant to pick up dinner. I wanted Mexican, but this worked. It took almost 45 minutes, which seems rather ridiculous to me, but it is good. The worst part about the 45 minutes wasn't that Linus and I were starving, it was the man in front of us.

Let me paint as accurate of a picture of him as I can. He was driving a silver large car (Cadillac, maybe? I really don't remember). The car leaned massively to the left side. I could see that he was a rather large man, but I didn't realize just how large until he paid (two separate windows, kind of like at Wendy's). As he turned his body towards the window, and extended his arm out, I first noticed the patch of curly gray hair that should have perhaps resided under his arm pit (what a gross word!), but instead had taken up residency on the other side of his upper arm. Eww! As he raised his arm to pay the lady, I saw perhaps the most fear provoking sight ever...his hairy boobs perched on his window opening of his car. OMGosh, I wanted to vomit. It gets worse, he had the curly grays there too. Man boobs disgust me. Hairy man boobs perched on an open window freak the hell out of me. Shirts people...they're not just for females! Apparently bras shouldn't be either. And wax? It can be your friend.

13 comments:

katy said...

I won! I'm so excited because I never win anything.

kim-d said...

Congrats, Katy! And congrats also to Lanny and Linus for still being able to eat after witnessing that unfortunate display of...ahem...boobage and curly greys! SEXY!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Katy!

And uh, Lanny? That was just gross. Like Kim said, how did you eat after witnessing that? I have to remember to tell Theresa about that. I think that beats out her story of gerbil man (someone her & her friends saw who was really hairy & had so much back hair, it was reaching out of his shirt collar and grabbing his ears).

Anonymous said...

I think even after 45 minutes, I'd have had to gone elsewhere. Ewww.

kim-d said...

Now I'm whining. You don't write, you don't call, I need to know if I need to get Jack & Jill sheets for my bedroom so as to match the bathroom? And now I also need to know if you and Linus are over your trauma yet? Do you need any help packing up? I can be there in a couple hours...

kim-d said...

I am very lonesome for you, Lanny. And I have gone through Linus-ism withdrawal several times. It is not right that you deprive me of my Linus-isms! Don't make me take you to court...honorary Aunties have rights, you know! :)!

Seriously...hope everything is good there, and I seriously miss you. Seriously!

kim-d said...

Happy Easter, guys!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Hope all is well over there!!

Leia H said...

OMG....I think I just threw up a little....gross. Man boobs should be illegal.

Leeann said...

You doin' okay, Lanny?

Leeann

kim-d said...

WHERE ARE YOU, LANNY? Please, just blog a line or something, please! I miss you. I miss Linus. I am worried sick, practically! Is everything okay? If you don't have time to blog, could you at least e-mail me just a line saying you're okay? I'm thinking you're just busy packing up and getting ready for the move and all...but, still, I worry!

How is my Linus doing? ... sad face!

Jackietex said...

I hope everything is okay. Trying not to worry.

kim-d said...

You lied to me, Lanny. I'll be by for you later, in that Handbasket-to-Hell-Built-For-Two...