Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Extra Late!

Thank you so much to those of you who left messages and/or emailed me to check on me. I'm alive and well-ish.

We've all had that horrible tummy virus that's going around here. Days and days and days of it--oh how that sucks! We also closed on our new house, and let's just say it was an experience. I'll tell more about that later in the week.

For now, I'll leave you with a Linus story from her 5 year old well child check up:

We weren't there too long before the nurse came in to get stats on Linus. I noticed the blood draw stuff right away. So did Linus. When they did blood work she freaked out. Needles didn't used to bother her, but they have the last 18 months or so. After a complete crying fit, she said, "See I wasn't scared at all" as soon as the nurse finished. :D We cracked up. Her visit was good, but we had to watch her carefully since apparently seizure prone children can have them after vaccinations. She ended up having a reaction, but it was minor. She refused to pee in the cup because the bathroom smelled like poop. We went to another bathroom, and it stunk too. After she began gasping for air and saying "I can't breathe!" I gave up. When the dr took her shirt off to check her, she told him she wasn't allowed to let anybody else undress her. After I told her it was ok, she relented. Then he asked her to take her pants off. She refused, so he started to (gently) pull them off, she shouted, "Hey, watch it, Mister! Nobody is allowed to pull my pants down. Right, Mommy?" Hey, at least we've got that covered! He was super pleased with her testing results from all the seizure work ups, and we avoided the second chicken pox shot since she caught it in September. She finally weighs enough to move to a booster seat, but she still fits in her regular carseat, so I'll probably keep her there for now.

----
I *hope* to be back to regular blogging now that we've closed on the new house. Our house still hasn't sold, but it's only been two and a half weeks. Army has put his foot down and says I can't have a new laptop until our house sells. :( Hopefully it will sell quickly!

6 comments:

Bayou Belle said...

So we know Linus will protect herself against predators! That is good.

My girl also has this sudden and complete fear of needles. So much so she has announced she is not getting married so she doens't have to have a baby and get a shot. I told her the shot is easier than labor without one!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Sooo glad you are back!! The internet (and I) missed you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back!! Good for Linus!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Leia H said...

Way to go Linus! Our nurse has the kids undress before the doc comes in to avoid all that! We also dress dd in a camisole/undershirt too, so she's not so 'undressed'.

So sad that shots and blood draws have to be done...poor Linus!

Congrats on the house!! Fabulous news!

Leeann said...

I am so glad you are back! You've been missed (all three of you!)

Congratulations on the house closing! When do you move to the new house?

Hugs,
Leeann