Monday, April 28, 2008

An Extra Drink or Two

This weekend we had a mix of horrible and perfect. Nothing in between.  So either way you look at it a drink is needed: either for condolence or celebration.  I've become rather mundane with what I drink (and now I'm sounding like an alcoholic, which I'm not), so anybody up for a virtual happy hour?  Let me know what you're drinking (always nice to have new ideas!) and what you're toasting.

I'll go first.  I'm having a margarita(cinco de mayo a little early?) to wipe out the bad this weekend, including the total ass who looked at my house today and had the nerve to question my realtor about why we're leaving.  If he wants to know why, that's fine, but when she gave the reason, he went on and on about how that's not a reason to sell a house, we're making a mistake, we only have one child, blah, blah, blah. Seriously? What does it matter to him? But wait, it gets better.  My dog is usually not home when the house is shown, but she was this time.  She was in the backyard.  He told my realtor that he didn't like the dog (who went NOWHERE near him).  News flash, Mr. Idiot, she does NOT come with the house! So as I raise my margarita glass and pretend it's after 5, I'll smile and tell him to bite me.

For my second, I'll have an old fashion.  Yes, the drink that 80 year olds drink.  My grandmother loved them, and she taught me to like them too.  It doesn't really go with a margarita, but hey, it's virtual anyway (at least for now since it's only noon).  I'm toasting the great news we got a few weeks ago and that was somewhat solidified this weekend.  I couldn't be happier.

So join me! What are you having, and what are you toasting?  

7 comments:

Leia H said...

Cinco de Mayo is our anniversary - so I will drink to that! Congrats on whatever that good news is and I can't wait to hear more!!! :)

Too bad about dumb people - there are several in our town. We call them River People (because they live by the river and not in the luxury house sense).... ;)

Overflowing Brain said...

A shot of jaggermeister with a xanax chaser. I'm ready for it to be tomorrow, with no memory of today at all. Time, it goes so slowly.

Sorry about the jerkfaces, there's a set in every crowd, don't let them ruin your day.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

When I'm not drinking codeine cough syrup (as per doctor's orders) I'll take (one) of the following:

- champagne, icy cold
- an amaretto sour, frothy in a rocks glass
- grey goose, seven up, and a splash of lime

I'd be happy to waste a crappy beer to splash on the said jerk who looked at your house. Hope the big news gets an announcement over here soon!

kim-d said...

I am totally and completely confused. I sense there is something going on that you haven't mentioned because I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out something "good" you've told me about in the past couple of weeks, and I can't come up with anything THAT fab-lee-us :). So, are you gonna spill or are you just gonna drop hints? Or am I nuts?

And I wouldn't sell to that guy if he was the last buyer on earth. JERK.

I'll have: a margarita, a bay breeze, and an amaretto coffee. Followed by a bottle of Clean Slate Reisling. ALL FOR ME. :)

**RAISES GLASS IN A TOAST** Here's to Wonder Dog, for separating the good buyers from the bad!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I have decided that whenever we decide to go through the torture of selling this house (not for years, after both kids are done with school) I will not be in the house when it's being shown.

I say we toast to the fact that we are way smarter than the morons who looked at our houses. If you think about it, it must really suck being so stupid.

Bayou Belle said...

I am drinking my usual rum and coke to wipe away my money anxieties that haunt me daily - so is life starting your own business. Thanks hubby.

I then move on to an Abita Strawberry Ale to celebrate the good news of today that my hubby's business deal he has been working on that is BIG is going through! Hopefully in the next couple of years our money stress will be history!

Cheers!

Alice said...

Oh my god. You're funny. I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Come back. I like funny people. :)