Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An Extra Bite

Have you ever been out to dinner with other people who you've only recently met?  We went out to dinner tonight, and I ordered the most delicious grilled chicken salad.  We're talking de lish us!  It was so good, that despite being full, I wanted to continue eating more and more.  I was ready to lick my bowl clean.  There were two problems with that. One, we were in public. I wouldn't do it at home, and I SURE wouldn't do it in public!  Two: we were with other people that we'd only recently met.  Call me crazy, but I really didn't want to make a horrible impression by eating like a caged animal. But it was good enough that I considered it for a second. Maybe two.  I don't know how you can make something as simple as a grilled chicken salad that good, but wow, it was.  I'm ready to go back for another one for lunch tomorrow. Maybe one for dinner too. Mmmmm!

Now to answer some questions:

Kim-d, no, Linus didn't get the Keds. :(  She did get some green check shoes today though.  I think they are adorable, and she rocks them!

Katie, we got a black one.  White isn't really 5 year old friendly, so we figured black would hide it better if she took a marker to it.  Speaking of Macs, I embarrassed the heck out of myself at the Apple store.  The guy asked me if I was nervous about going Mac.  I told him that I really wasn't too nervous, and that many people raved about them, so I was confident in my decision.  He asked if I knew a lot of Mac owners, and without even realizing how this sounded, I said, "Well I know lots of people who have had a mac that's stood the test of time, and that a few people are on the second or more mac for their household. " Here's where it got bad. He said, "So you know lots of repeat Macs, huh?"  to which I responded (like an idiot) "Yeah, I guess once you go Mac, you never go back."  He cracked up, Army turned red, and like a fool I asked what was so funny. I truly had no clue.


3 comments:

Overflowing Brain said...

Hey black macbook buddy! So cool. You'll love it. Forever and ever.

Tell me you got AppleCare. If you didn't, you must go back and buy it. It is worth every single penny. I promise.

kim-d said...

Here's the question. Do you care if you ever see these new dinner companion people again? If not, then I say bury your face in the salad bowl til it's all gone, then lick the bowl clean. If you like the dinner companion people, use utensils. Either way, finish the salad. People need to accept you as you are :)! Because I know what you are talking about. There is a place called Doolittle's that has a roasted chicken salad with pears and walnuts that is TO DIE FOR. If I was your dinner companion, I'd stick my face in the bowl right along with you :)!!!

And I think green-checked shoes sound adorable. But she still needs the white Kids shoes with the strap. They are HER.

Leia H said...

Oh I was waiting for that line LOL! :) I'm not allowed to speak in the Apple store! ;)

We also rarely eat at our favorite CHinese eatery, because I make a piggy of myself...I feel your pain.