Friday, April 18, 2008

Extra Determined

I've got a real post coming with pictures tonight (IF I can figure out pics on the mac), but Linus said something really funny, at least to me, that I thought was worth sharing.

She's wasn't exactly behaving her best this afternoon, so I told her that she had to sit still.  She absolutely would not sit still, so I told her if she moved again, she'd have to lie down to try to calm down.  She began moving again within about 1/2 a second, so I told her she had to lie down and lie still and that she couldn't talk...she HAD to calm down.  

"Fine, but I'm not closing my eyes because we both know what happens then!"  I wanted to crack up.

Eventually she was still, so I told her she could get up and try to play again.  She didn't move, so I took a closer look.  Poor girl, she must have closed her eyes at some point, and the inevitable happened.  She was fast asleep! 

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Okay, now why am I not surprised that she is also a champion calmer-downer :)! "I'm not closing my eyes because we both know what happens then"--BWAHAHAHAHA. And, apparently, it happens with a certain degree of certainty!

Good one!!!

Leia H said...

Can she teach that to my kids????

Bayou Belle said...

Wish that worked for my two!