Thursday, April 3, 2008

Extra Shame

Our house is on the market (as if I haven't already whined about this enough), so I have been keeping it spotless. Tuesday night I woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog. I was so sick that I had trouble leaving the bathroom long enough to go to the kitchen to get phenergan. We're talking bad. Army finally woke up and helped me get some phenergan in my system. That stuff works wonders! :) BUT it leaves me with a horrible hangover. Wednesday morning I felt much better, but I was so stinking hungover that I just put Linus in the bed with me and let her watch cartoons. Yeah, I know, mommy award here!





Apparently I was worse off than I thought, and Linus took full advantage of that.





I couldn't find the dog's collar when I went to walk her this morning. It finally occurred to me to check under the bed since Linus mentioned putting something down there. Sure enough it was there...along with about 50 mini Reece's PB cup wrappers, a water bottle, a cowbutters (Mini PB Ritz Bits), a belt, a flashlight, etc. UGH! So much for my clean house.









I had to stuff the bed skirt in the rail to get a pic of it. It's farther back than it looks. See that clear tub with the white top right behind the flashlight? That's the ONLY thing that belongs down there. Notice the pb cup wrappers, the flashlight, water bottle, book, cowbutter wrapper, another water bottle, white box, green ribbon, etc.....HOW DID SHE DO THAT WITHOUT ME NOTICING?????


When I picked Linus up for school today, I asked her about it:


Me: Linus, I had to look for the dog's leash this morning. Guess what I found under the bed.


Linus: Uh, a water bottle.


Me: What else?


Linus: Cowbutters


Me: And


Linus: I'm just going to put it out there for you like it is. EVERYTHING. Everything is under that bed, and you and Daddy really need to try a little harder to keep that place clean or it will never sell. Really, Mommy, it's a mess. Shame on you!





Anybody want to guess what 5 year old put it there?

1 comment:

Leia H said...

That kid cracks me up! Maybe the dog did it...