Monday, April 7, 2008

A Little Extra Hatred

I hate my 'old' house because it hasn't sold yet. Yes, it's only been three weeks, but still, two notes SUCK!

I hate my new house because I can't live it it yet. The yard is full of weeds, and I don't have time to go over there and de-weed. Our weed person is supposed to go over there, but he hasn't yet. Our yard man won't go over there because it's too far, so we'll have to get a new one. I loved our yard man (he would do anything if I smiled and talked sweetly!). Uh, not anything like that!

I hate the previous owners of my new home for several reasons. They refused to come to the closing (they might have had an excuse, but I'm still pissed about it because they were supposed to be there to answer some questions that they had not yet (and still haven't) answered. I hate them because they made a huge freaking hole in the garage wall that they didn't repair. I hate them because we'll have to replace the horribly stained carpets that look waaayyyy worse than they should for less than two years of use. I hate them for taking the mirror in the bathroom without specifically listing it as an item that didn't remain (as they should have). I hate them for taking things that ONLY WORK WITH THAT HOUSE and giving a lame ass reason they can't return them. Yes thingS (as in MORE THAN ONE!). I hate them for not taking care of the yard once the house was under contract. I also hate them for COMING BACK IN THE HOUSE before we had the locks changed. Because we are dumb schmucks, we are still trying to do the right thing---they are still getting OVERNIGHT packages at our new house (um, hello, change your freaking address, it's not like an overnight package was sent before you closed!!!) but they won't give us their new address to send the damn packages to.

I hate our inspector for passing the house when clearly there is a LEAK IN THE FREAKING BASEMENT!

I hate this state for being the last damn state that is 'buyer beware' so that once we've closed we can't do a damn thing about it. Shame on this state for being so backwards! Why the hell should I ever pay an inspector again if it doesn't amount to jack???

I hate the person who stole an item from us at a silent auction even this weekend. This witch did completely unethical things, but I won't get into them since I am part of the organization putting on the event and that might push the tacky boundaries. All I'll say is thank God there was free unlimited wine. And thank God my husband didn't pitch a fit when I told him I needed something harder than wine.

Sheesh, you'd never guess I am generally a fairly positive person! Army accused me of having a potty mouth when I was in the midst of a rant last night (NOT in front of Linus!), and it looks like he might be right. His can be worse though.

Returning to nicer posts tomorrow....

6 comments:

kim-d said...

Oh my. Okay, here's what I know for sure. You just are not usually like this AT ALL, so it must be REALLY FREAKIN' BAD!!!! I'm so sorry that everything is so sucky right now. It will get better. It has to, right?

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

UGH!

A few things that might make you feel better:

- Return the packages to sender.

- Report the inspector to the Better Business Buearu (I can NEVER spell that word)

- Go pick out carpets and remind yourself that carpets are secret harbors of pet urine stains, and other unmentionables and deep down you will be happier knowing that your carpets are clean & sanitary.

- When you plant the garden make sure you add lots of butterfly attracting flowers and some fresh herbs near the door. Heaven!!

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl! Here's hoping you sell soon. And maybe some of those overnight packages got lost??? Hmmm. Just askin'.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. We bought this house 23 years ago & I still have memories of the hatred I felt towards the sellers. When you're 7 months pregnant, you don't want to move into a new house and find out it's infested with fleas. But in the end, it'll all be good. It's just the getting there that's a pain.

katy said...

Take a deep breath and think ahead 5 years....Linus will be playing in a beautiful yard...and all of those memories will be only that. Good luck with selling your old house.

Leia H said...

OMG! Why would you take the bathroom mirror? That's just odd. Sorry you're having such troubles. Our house is a hole to begin with, if that makes you feel any better. ;)