Friday, April 25, 2008

Extra Nice

We had a fabulous evening at the new house.  We enjoyed a nice cool breeze on the back porch while we listened to the baseball game at the stadium.  After the game ended, we were treated to about 10 minutes of fireworks.  Linus LOVES fireworks.  Her descriptions of them were amazing: "Look, Daddy, I love how those sparklies dance around like rain on hot pavement" and "Wow, Mommy, that one just fell like marshmallows floating in the sky."  Oh how I love this child!  They'll have more fireworks tomorrow night, so I'll get to listen to more descriptions (hopefully).  The only thing that could have made the evening any better is patio furniture. The furniture that we ordered forever ago that STILL hasn't gotten here yet. And that the store keeps changing the arrival date and story on. Oh, yeah, that and a bottle of wine. Perhaps with the wine I wouldn't have even noticed the furniture was missing! ;)

Linus funny for the evening:  Linus usually pronounces favorite as fRavorite.   Tonight she told us that she'd really love some peach tea.  I love peach tea, so I'm sure she heard me talking about it at some point.  Imagine our surprise when she didn't say it was her fravorite tea...instead she said it's her flavorite tea!  Get it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't have patio furniture. Come to think of it, we don't have a patio. And to stick furniture out back... well put it this way. Even with cleaning up every day after the dog, the idea of sitting out there on the grass still repulses me.