Sunday, April 20, 2008

Extra Worried

Army and I are extra worried about the future of our sweet little girl.  Really worried.  

As I was driving down the road this afternoon, I went through a large dip near the golf course rather quickly.  Linus was paying more attention to the golfers than the road, so it caught her by surprise.  She blurted out, "Ooh! That tickled my tonic."  I'm assuming that meant it made her tummy drop, but anyone have any other guesses? She has NO idea what a tonic is!

Tonight we were eating dinner, and Linus proudly announced to her father, "Listen Daddy! I can whistle!"  And sure enough she did....the opening to Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever.  Is anybody else really worried by that? We are!  Although Army is a huge fan of AC/DC and the likes, we generally listen to Johnette Downing and other children's artists in the car.  

Speaking of AC/DC, hypothetically speaking, if the following conversation took place, would you get ticked?  

::AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long came on the radio::
Husband loves the song.
Wife comments that she doesn't have the same American thighs  ("knocking me out with those American thighs...") that she did in college.
Husband says that it's ok 'cause they are only continental thighs.
Wife shoots him a GTH look, and he defends his comments by saying, "I meant that as a compliment. At least they aren't hemisphere, planet, or solar system thighs."

So, would this tick you off, or would you take it as a compliment?

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Hey, I would take it as a great compliment--it proves he's looking at your thighs :)!!!! And I LOVE Cat Scratch Fever...THE NUGE!!!! And I am lovin' your girl more and more as time goes on. Whistling "Cat Scratch Fever"...BWAHAHAHAHA! But now I have a serious question. I am 51 years old and I have no idea what is meant by "tickled my tonic." To me, tonic is what some (seriously disturbed) people mix with (uggg, gross) gin, or some sort of homeopathic remedy. So, I am really lost on this one. I know where MY mind goes IMMEDIATELY, but I'm sure hoping that's not ALREADY the case with her! I didn't turn filty-minded until I was almost 19...BWAHAHAHAHA! And could you please let me know WHAT that saying means? Please? :)

Leia H said...

I think I'd probably laugh at the thighs comment, simply because my hubby calls mine "gymnast thighs"....it's no compliment because of their size and shape, but it's OK, because they are the way they are because of the sport.

And what is GTH??

katy said...

Hey at least he notices you have thighs at a time when he isn't trying to get close to them...