Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Extra Day In The Life....

Ever wondered what a day in Lannyland is like?  *Warning* You might not want to read this!*

This afternoon, I was treated to a show by my daughter, the conductor.  Or as she says, the conduncan. She held a drum stick and conducted her stuffed animals. She used a child-made podium (some people call this two pillows) and tapped her drum stick on it. Then she sang.  After the requisite clapping, she let me in on a secret.  "Wanna come to my concert tomorrow night? I'll even give you front row seats. Shh, don't tell anyone though. It's a secret."

Later, Army and I had been with the dog in our room.  As I walked out, I smelled the most horrible smell. Keep in mind my dog shat all over my room yesterday. I was worried. Army and I tried to figure out where it was coming from. Then from the front bathroom comes, "It's me guys. I'm in the bafroom." Army went to check on her, and sure enough, she's responsible for the poop smell.  Y'all it was GREEN and poor Linus was scared to death.  After she stood up, I said, "Linus, you don't have green streaks in your panties, do you?"  She said, "No, just normal brown ones." I nearly died! I'm telling ya, there's never a dull moment here.

Tonight we went out to dinner. Big shock, huh?  Afterwards, Army ran to the store to get a few things including some tulips since we keep fresh cut flowers while the house is on the market.  Linus and I waited in the car.  "Want to play I Spy, Mommy?"  Ok. "I spy, with my eagle eye, something green" Yeah, let's just say she wasn't talking about the grass. Thankfully she didn't do any, just talked about it.

Then, as we came in, she asked to carry the flowers.  I handed them to her.  She stood up straight, rested her elbows at her hips, and began slowly walking while humming "Here Comes The Bride."  Army nearly freaked.  

So, anybody want her to come visit? She'll keep you on your toes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope her belly is feeling better!

kim-d said...

OMG...a three-foot bride with the green shats...HAHAHAHA! I will FOREVER be laughing over "It's me, guys; I'm in the bafroom." Linus admits it...I just love her so much. And I know it was the grape fruit snacks; I just know it!

Poor Army. He has regular heart attacks, doesn't he? Man...just wait 10 years. BWAHA!

Bayou Belle said...

oh dear . . .

Leia H said...

Ha! Kids are brutally honest too often! ;)