Friday, May 2, 2008

Extra Slow

I'm *trying* to load a few pic of the new house, but I'm apparently too slow to figure out how to do it on my mac.  Any normal person would go upstairs and just use the pc, but I must not be normal.  No comments necessary on that fact, thankyouverymuch!  

The paint in the kitchen is bright green. As in green apple with a splash of neon.  It's not a horrific color by itself, but the backsplash is grey, and they do not work together. At all.  My current kitchen is a sagey color, so I grabbed some paint chips and tried a similar color, but it's a no-go.  That doesn't work with the backsplash either.  

The dining room is red (but a pink red, not a red red) with a gold cathedral-ish ceiling.  Not what I would have chosen had I been the one making that decision.  I can't figure out what color would work with the gold ceiling though.  And no, I'm not changing the ceiling.  Waaaayyyyyy too much work because of the angles and the chandelier.  I know, I know, hire a professional. I would, but since money isn't dropping out our derrieres at the current moment, that ain't happenin'!  We've already bought new furniture and still have more we need to buy, new carpet for the upstairs, cleaned the basement carpets, contracted to get the deck/porch/deck (yes, it's three) refinished,  oh yeah, and we're paying a double mortgage right now.  Oh, and there's one minor issue there too...my manly man of a husband has gone all girly on me and says he likes it.  Like a man should care about this stuff. Seriously!  

Hopefully I can load the pics up at some point and one of you geniuses (and I mean that honestly, not in a sarcastic way!) can come up with a great paint idea.     

6 comments:

Ness said...

Thanks for your prayers, Lanny! After Imitrex, Zofran and Xanax they are now repeating the CAT scan from last night and doing a sinus x-ray. I'm glad my 30 y/o is with her. Her bp is 142/121

Alice said...

I can't wait to see pics! I'll check with my mama about what matches gold ceilings. It sounds like something she would do. I'm not kidding.

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

Can't wait to see! A few thoughts on colors:

More of a blue-green would go nicely with grey backsplashes- think deep ocean colors on a stormy day..?

I bet that if the dining room has any sort of crown molding or trim you could do buttercream walls, white trim/molding and a gold ceiling and it would look very tone-on-tone chic. Those colors can go really well together, and by having the buttercream & white at eye level it would look more demure and less flashy- if that is what you are going for.

Just my thoughts...my parents just finished their big house so I'm "color saturated"

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics!!

Leeann said...

Can't wait to see the pictures and, when and if you are ready to share, the good news too!

Leeann

katy said...

Will be looking forward to the pictures. I have a perfect solution to painting hard to paint things....I get started painting...paint about 2 minutes and yell at my hubby and ask him if it will hurt if I get some on the cabinets/molding/window (whichever is closest) and he takes the paintbrush or roller to show me how to do it right and he finishes it....every time.