Thursday, May 8, 2008

This is Extra Ridiculous!

I'll admit that I'm a conditioner snob.  I didn't used to be, but then I tried some really good stuff.  My hair is baby fine, so it needs all the help it can get.  I also live in humidity central, so that doesn't help the frizziness.  My hair place recently quit selling my conditioner because it (conditioner) was bought out by a new company, and they changed the ingredients.   

How do you like this conversation:


Hi,  Jaci usually cuts my hair, and she said she'd leave a new conditioner for me at the front desk.

Hmmm, I don't see any here, and she's with a patient right now.

(Gives confused look) I don't know anything about the line y'all are carrying now.  Do you have one for fine hair?

Yes, we sure do. Most of our patients really like the one that's a little more moisturizing better though.

(Thinking maybe she thinks I'm a chemo patient or something) Um, patient?

Yes, we provide healthcare for hair, so we cater to our patients, not clients. 

(Thinking WTH?) Oh ok. Well, hmm, my hair is a little more on the oily side than the dry side, so I'm not sure I really need the moisturizing one.  Maybe I'll just get whatever Jaci uses on my hair next time. Thanks a lot for your time though.


Seriously! We have gone waaayyyy too far. I cannot stand the semantics game.  
 

3 comments:

katy said...

I have been having a hair emergency for about 4 years now...nothing makes it behave.
I do like directv better than dish, but I have a brother in law that likes dish better. I think it is what you get used to. Directv does go out if it is raining really hard...about once every 3 or 4 months we have rain hard enough to knock it out for 5 minutes. I wonder if location makes any difference?

Anonymous said...

That's just a way to try to "stand out." My advise to that chick: stand out with your SERVICE AND PRODUCT not your labels.

Oy.

Leia H said...

OMG that is too weird! Even as a massage therapist, I say 'clients' not 'patients' - so odd! Hope your hair gets the care it needs before it's too late! ;)