Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Extra Sorry

First of all, thank you so much to those of you who left comments, emailed, or took the time to read the post, for your encouragement with my dad.  He means the world to us, and we are so very proud of him.  My sister and I have even gotten random calls from him lately, which thrills us.  He used to call and email us often just to check on us or tell us a joke.  We definitely missed those calls and emails.  

----------

Poor Little Linus seems to have gotten herself in a bit of trouble lately.  As her preschool teacher put it, "Linus had a little trouble at school today. She was kind hyper--you know, kind of like she always is." UGH! Two days in a row this week, I got the same report from her teacher.  We discussed it, she lost a few things, and I asked her how she wanted her teacher to remember her since this is the last week of school. I was hoping she'd want to be remembered as somebody who is sweet and respectful. Linus had other plans: She wanted to be remembered as a fun girl.  I asked her why fun, and she said, Nobody remembers the quiet ones, Mom."  *Choke!* I had to be really creative to get my point across after that.  

Then she got in trouble at home twice.  I told her I was disappointed in her behavior, and again we discussed it and she lost a some things including getting to go to the park with our friends.  She lost (misplaced-lost, not taken away-lost) a purple watch a few months ago, and when I found one just like it I snatched it up.  She's has to earn it though.  Obviously that hasn't happened yet.   

On the way home from running errands, we were discussing her behavior yet again.  As we drove past the park, she noticed it was packed, so she commented, "Look Mommy! There sure are a lot of people that didn't get any time-outs today!"  



3 comments:

kim-d said...

Awww...nobody remembers the quiet ones, Mom...does she not realize how UNFORGETTABLE she is? Does she not understand that there is no way anybody would ever forget her? To be honest, I'm a little glad she's engaged in a few shenanigans lately. To me, a kid who never gets into any trouble is probably just too sneaky to get caught :). I sent her an e-card; did you guys ever get it?

Leia H said...

How do you keep a straight face around that kid? She should have her own show....

Alice said...

A girl after my own heart! Nobody does remember the quiet ones!!! Love it. I know I shouldn't. But I do. :)