Monday, May 5, 2008

Extra Pictures

House pics:


Thoughts for a color for the walls in the dining room? Not that I'm trying to match my walls to my china, but my good china is ivory with a deep blue and gold. I just don't think that works well with the red (pinkish) walls.

As far as the kitchen goes, I'm not liking the green with the backsplash. I tried a really pretty deep green/blue color, but I'm afraid that would make the kitchen waaayyy too dark. The countertops are black-ish, so I can't go too dark on the walls without making the room a dungeon.

The ceiling

The ceiling w/ wall:

Kitchen paint with backsplash:

Thoughts?

If I get really brave, I'll post some pictures of the rest of the house.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Oh my god. I love the ceiling. Love it. I don't know how to tell you to fix it, because I. love. it. But I'm sure someone with taste will tell you ways to fix it. But I am not that girl.

:)

Keep us posted on the rennovations. Post more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Look at Lime Wash for the kitchen. More white with a hint of green. Very clean but not in-your-face green.

Love the ceiling!

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

The ceiling is actually done fairly well...I stand by the previous thought of buttercream with the white molding & the gold. Tone on tone.

Anonymous said...

Lanny, I'm sorry but I can be of no help whatsoever. It seems I am missing a couple of crucial girlie genes - the shopping one & the home decor one. Should I mention I hate shoes?