Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Little Extra Linus

Oh My! It's been quite a day of Linus-isms.

First My car had to go in for repairs today. My car is an '05 and has been in the shop about 11-12 times since January. Um, yeah, I've had almost every part dealing with the gas line, including the TANK, replaced. Anyway, Linus and I were sitting in Army's car while he got the keys for my car at the dealership. Linus kept asking where her daddy was. After a few explanations that didn't work, I finally said, "He's inside paying for the car." Without skipping a beat, she said, "Well, if that's the case, why doesn't he take home that one?" and pointed to an Acura! You know, if you go to the store and pay for a pair of jeans, you come home with a new pair, so we should come home with a new car that works. :)

Second I worked out today. I used to workout everyday, but I haven't been as diligent lately. I usually wait until she's in bed to workout, but we've got a babysitter tonight, so I wanted to fit a workout in early. I'll admit, I was hot and sweaty. Linus turned to me and asked me to say Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, so I did. Then she asked me what line came next, so I said, "I smell the blood of an Englishman." She says, "No, I smell Mommy." I told her that wasn't a nice thing to say, and she said, "but I was trying to be polite!"

And saving the worst for last: Army and I were petting our female dog. We got this dog as a puppy a year ago. Our old dog, who sadly passed away last January, was a male dog. While we were petting our dog, Linus gets concerned and says, "Oh no! She's missing a leg!" I'm either s-l-o-w or really stupid (probably both), so what she meant went entirely over my head. I told her that she wasn't missing any legs and we counted her four legs together. Then Linus said, "but she's missing the little leg between her back two!" I thought Army just might giggle to death. I walked right into that one, and he was able to escape to laugh on his own.

Ahh, the joys of raising a child!

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Oh Lanny, Lanny, Lanny! Insert ironic chuckle with slowly shaking the head back and forth in the "no" motion here :)! You will definitely have to be careful where you tread with your girl--in a good way! I hope you're still blogging when she's 15; I just can't wait to read what she'll come up with then!

Again...child genius!