Thursday, August 16, 2007

An Extra Dose of I'm Eating WHAT?

It's day 10 of 100+ degrees outside, so we continued our trend of eating out rather than heating up the house cooking. I wanted to go to a local bbq restaurant down the road, but Linus said, "I don't really care for that restaurant." What?? I asked her what they serve there, and she replied, "Food that I don't like." Well, fine then smarty. We settled on Piccadilly (cafeteria style). Linus used to call it the carrot store because she loved the carrot souffle there. She always got chicken tenders, carrots, and mashed potatoes. Always. When we arrived tonight she couldn't decide what she wanted, so the lady behind the counter rattled off what was available on the kids plate. She mentioned catfish, corndogs, chopped beef, chicken tenders, and spaghetti. Appetizing, I know. Linus shocked us all and asked for catfish. She's never had it before, mainly because I do not eat fried foods. She used to eat chicken tenders, but recently has followed my lead and doesn't even eat them anymore except McDonalds. Yuck! Not only did she choose catfish, but when they asked her what vegetables she wanted, she requested broccoli and mashed potatoes with gravy. Ah, my grilled-cheese-only child is branching out. After we sat down and all her food was in front of her, she looked at me with HUGE scared eyes, "Am I really eating cats Mommy?" :)
BTW, she loved the catfish, and she even ate most of her broccoli. Gravy wasn't much of a hit though.

No comments: