Wednesday, August 15, 2007

An Extra Dose of Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid!

I'm in trouble. Linus is really too young to start playing the words game, but apparently I'm going to have to weigh my words very carefully with this child. Army calls me "Always Right" and Linus "Never Forgets" so he's really in trouble! Tonight we went out to dinner because quite frankly it's waaayyyy too hot to cook. A man at the restaurant was celebrating his birthday, so they had him go through a silly little routine. Linus cheered him on; she loves birthdays. When it was over, she turned to me and said, "Mommy it's your birthday." I knew she meant that she wanted to tell them it was my birthday too so she could participate again. I said, "But it's not my birthday." She responded with, "Let's pretend." I reminded her that since it wasn't true, we'd be telling a lie. "No mommy, it's not a lie if we're pretending!" Oh boy! I'm in for it!

On the way home we made a quick stop at a little market. Army ran in, and Linus and I remained in the car. It was in a small strip mall, so she was looking around at the other stores. One had neon lips, so she announces, "Daddy went in to find a cute girl with red lipstick." Then she looked around some more and saw a neon rose at a nail place. "And he's going to get her a pretty rose to keep that young girl happy!" I promise we do not say things like that nor do we live a lifestyle like that. She doesn't watch adult tv, nor is she ever unsupervised. I have NO idea where she gets this stuff! Trust me though, I'm afraid, I'm very afraid!

1 comment:

kim-d said...

This is so funny! Last night I stopped by and got my extra dose of literal thinking but I didn't have time to comment. So, this morning I'm heading over here to comment on how you are probably ALWAYS going to have to weigh your words carefully around your girl. In other words--be afraid, be very afraid!!! Now, I am wondering if Army managed to find himself that pretty girl with the red lips (while you and Linus wait patiently in the car)--HA! Gives new meaning to "convenience store" doesn't it? One thing is for sure; you do not ever have to worry about your brain turning to mush with her around; she'll keep it stimulated! Right when I think it can't get any funnier...it does.