Wednesday, August 15, 2007

An Extra Dose of Literal Thinking

I know children are literal thinker at some point, but I love when Linus takes things literally. It opens my eyes to a whole new way of thinking.

One day in January she hurt her foot, and I had her in my lap to comfort her. I was singing the Bye Bye Birdie song to her (We love you Conrad, Oh yes we do. We love you Conrad And we'll be true! When you're not near us, We're blue! Oh, Conrad, we love you) but I substituted Linus for Conrad. When I finished she looked at me like I was crazy, then she said, "You're not blue! Silly Mommy, you're pink!" I love when she says stuff like this.

I told her daddy one morning that I was going to jump in the shower. "NO, Mommy! NO jumping in the shower. Step in carefully!"

One evening we were going out in the 'big car' and her daddy said that he needed to buckle her up so we could get this boat moving. "Daddy, really, this is not a boat. If it were a boat we'd have on life jackets!" Oh my gosh, we cracked up. Totally a literal thinker.

No comments: