Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Extra Huh?

I had a horrible migraine yesterday. Nothing I took made a difference. Last night while we ate dinner, Linus was attempting to tell me about her day. Thankfully her daddy was off, so he was able to entertain her most of the day while I took just about every legal drug imaginable. Apparently she watched a series of Scholastic videos we have. They are videos of well known children's books. She told me "Daddy and I watched movies upstairs. We watched Where the Wild Things Are, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, but I can't recall the other one." WHAT??? Exactly how old are you Linus, Seventy? I looked at Army and asked him if I was hearing things or if she just said that. He laughed. Sure enough she said it. My four year old talks like somebody eligible for Medicare.

Later that evening, Army felt sorry for me, so he picked up some mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I was finally feeling like I could possibly eat, so I ate a few. There were many left over this morning. Linus has the same love for mrpbc that I have. Love? Obsession? I'm not quite sure which is more accurate. All I know is they send me to my happy place! Anyway, when Linus noticed them this morning, she ran to the bag. I held her off until after lunch when I noticed her little hand stuffed in the bag. When she pulled it out, she must have had at least five. My hand can barely hold five, no idea how hers can. I guess it's just the power of mrpbc. She unwrapped one and stuck it in her mouth. Then the little booger walked over to my computer and put the wrapper down as she said, "I'm just going to put this over here by your computer. That way it'll look like you ate it and Daddy will let me have more tonight." I asked her if she thought that was wrong since it wasn't exactly telling the truth. She told me that no, it wasn't wrong, it was just smart!

Then I curled up in a fetal position because I know I'm in big trouble when the teenage years hit!

2 comments:

Overflowing Brain said...

first, that kid is sharp, keep her away from my kids, I don't want them to get any ideas! My metaphorical kids that is...

Secondly, I knew the author of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, in fact, my family vacationed at his home in New York when I was 8. He died a few years ago (it's Bill Martin Jr, not John Archembault or however you spell that), but he was such a great man and a great kids book writer.

Anyway, just felt like sharing. And now I feel like eating reeses peanut butter cups!

kim-d said...

I'll be in line behind Katie, buying the RPBC's--and, yes, the mini ones are FAR superior to the big ones with the grease spot on the bottom! The mini ones? NO grease spot. Because heaven forbid that there would be any FAT in Reese's PBCs--HAHAHA!

Oh yes, the child is sharp. I
have already predicted her Presidency in the year 2037 (or thereabouts), or it could take the OTHER turn. But it won't, for the exact same reason it could, I think! Because she's sharp.

I just cannot even begin to tell you how much I look forward to my daily extra; I NEED my Linus fix! And another unsolicited personal opinion--I think a big reason why Linus is so exceptional is because she has exceptional parents :)!