Saturday, August 25, 2007

An Extra Conversation or Two

Linus has been on a roll today. It all started in the grocery store parking lot. she spotted a man that looked just like my uncle. "Hey, that looks just like my granuncle!" (Grand uncle) She usually calls him Uncle Pop, so I'm not quite sure where that came from.
-----
This afternoon it was raining very hard. Linus wanted to go out to get something to eat. She had eaten her way through the day, so I told her no, and I let her know I didn't really want to go out in this weather. She ran and got a Pizza Hut coupon card, tore one off, and said, "Now you don't have to go out!" It didn't work. I didn't order a pizza.
-----
"Mommy, can I have a baby stunk?"

"A what?"

"A stunk."

"Do you mean a skunk?"

"No, I mean a stunk. You know, those black animals with a white stripe that stink when they grow up."

"Linus, that's called a skunk."

"No, Mommy, they are stunks. Why would they call it a skunk? That's just silly. They are called stunks because they stink."
-----
Linus was being naughty and playing in the bathroom. Army told her to stop, but she kept playing. Then she reached her hand down towards the potty. Army raised his voice and told her not to do it. She looked up at Army and said, "Do not talk to my mommy's daughter that way!" Normally she would have gotten in trouble for talking like that, but we were laughing too hard.

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Oh.My.Gosh.!!!! It is amazing to me, the way that child's mind works! I just love the way she thinks (and how she expresses what she thinks!!). And eating her way through the day? Definitely a girl after my own heart :). Even though you didn't order the pizza, you HAVE to admit it was pretty clever of her to get the coupon! Smart AND thrifty! HA...

Lanny said...

You think it's amazing the way her mind works? I think it's down right scary! Can you imagine what her teenage years will be like for me?
I told my mom last night that none of us (my family) should ever be sick...if laughter is the best medicine, she's got us stocked!

Leeann said...

ROFL!! Love the mommy's daughter line. That's a classic!
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com