Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An Extra Confession

I have a confession. Maybe just by admitting I did this, I'll be too embarrassed to ever do it again.

It's possible that I may have eaten close to a dozen cookies last night. They were good. Damn good. They had Reese's Pieces in them, and the taste of the brown sugar in them sent me into such a happy place that I didn't care how many fat grams were in each one. I love the taste of brown sugar in cookies. It makes a cookie perfect to me. These were perfect. They were the kind of fresh that begins to almost melt when it hits your tongue. Mmmm, I can taste that brown sugar melting now. If I was lucky enough to get one with Reese's Pieces showing at the bottom, I'd become over the top happy. When you get one with RP at the bottom, sugar has collected around the RP and you get that extra little burst of brown sugar.

Poor Linus. Army and I had a babysitter last night, so we went to a fabulous dinner. Then we made the date extra romantic and went grocery shopping. I know, such romance! Anyway, we only eat dessert on Tuesdays and Saturdays (or any special occasion we make up), but we were too full to even think about dessert at the restaurant. There was no way I was letting my dessert day pass me by though, so we decided to pick something up while we were at the store. We looked at small items, but were drawn to our delicious cookies. I could hear them calling me from a few aisles away. When we looked at the cookies, we decided there were way too many (20). The concept of something lasting days and days in our home hasn't quite made it to our lives yet, so we generally buy dessert in small amounts. We looked at smaller cookie containers (10), but those cookies were huge, so 10 huge cookies actually ended up being more cookie than 20 small ones. Army finally decided Linus was likely still awake, so she'd help us with them.

Now my confession gets worse: Linus was awake. We put her to bed before we opened the cookies. The two of us ate all the cookies by ourselves. All. The. Cookies! I really planned to eat only a few. Every now and then, I'd get up from my computer for some more water, and I'd meander over to the cookies and snatch one. Or two. After I'd finish, my tongue would get sad and long for the taste of it's dear friend Brown Sugar. I'd ignore it, but then it would pull the thirst act, and I'd have to get some more water. And eat a cookie. Or two. It was a vicious cycle until only one and a half cookies were left. Since I didn't want to be accused of being the pig who ate them all, I left those two for Army.

I got up this morning with a horrible stomach ache. Big surprise, I know. I didn't even get out of bed to tell Army goodbye. When I did finally haul my larger-than-last-night bum out of bed, I noticed there's still half a cookie left. So far, I'm resisting, but my horrible stomach ache might not be enough to help me resist all day. What about Linus? I offered it to her, but she said, "No thanks, I'm not in to sweets." Little turd!

3 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL! A kid who refuses a cookie and says she is not into sweets? This I cannot imagine! ;-)

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Lanny said...

She says she's not into sweets, but you should see her with mini Reese's PB Cups! What she meant was that she wasn't hungry at the time. She's still at that glorious age that if she's not hungry, she's not interested. Me? I'm either always hungry or always interested. Usually both. If chocolate is involved, the word "no" leaves my vocabulary.

kim-d said...

Oh my gosh. She's also really good at making you feel about *this* big, too! Talk about making a person feel guilty! I could probably lose some weight if I spent time around her--HAHA!