Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Extra Letter

Dear Moron on the Parkway,

Hello Moron. You know that pedal on the right? That's the gas pedal. It's very helpful. When you're on the parkway in our subdivision at 7:30 in the morning, chances are people don't have the time for you to take your sweet time. We're all on our way somewhere. I'm not asking you to speed, but it would be nice if you could go somewhere near the speed limit. You know, within at least 10 miles of the speed limit would be nice. The speed limit would be nicer, but I won't push it.

And another thing: the break pedal is NOT necessary going UP the mountain! Trust me, you're already going slow enough. No need to use the break.

Lots of Love,
Lanny

9 comments:

brainella said...

These are the people who irritate me. Cannot get near to going the speed limit but have no problem running red lights! Makes me want to scream every time.

I feel your pain.

Doreen said...

Ooooo, one of my pet peeves! I'm not generally prone to road rage, but having an extra slow driver in front of me gets my blood boiling every time...

Anonymous said...

LOL. I hear you sister! Amen! I run into those each day. The other extreme are butt riders and speedsters, pizzes me off! I wish I had a megaphone sometimes. "Get the f out of my way!"

Anonymous said...

Either today is National Slow Driver Day or you jinxed me. I drove all of 3 miles just now. I am not exaggerating when I say I was stuck behind or alongside at least 10 people going about 15 mph during that short trip.

Alice said...

We must live in the same neighborhood!! :)

kim-d said...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving Lanny, Linus, Lolly--and you, too, Army! I miss you, Lan; write when you can.

katy said...

Happy Thanksgiving...I hope your day was wonderful.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Hey, I hope you're just busy with the holidays and everything is ok. I miss reading your posts.

joanne said...

Hope all is well at your house and you are busy with all the holiday doin's. Check in when you have a chance...miss you..